Monday, October 15, 2007

Where does the time go???

OK, now its the middle of October, which to me as student means....once this week is finished, I'm officially half way through my first semester!!! YEAH!!! That's huge, cuz I've been counting this sucker down week by week, it's the only way I can make it through.

Also, all my weddings for the year are finished. Phew.....you don't understand, we had three weddings in six weeks! Last night being the final one. I'll recap....Mary's wedding, lots of fun, once again a Ryan wedding, never a disappointment. Dan was blown away by the Ryan family, yet, he fit right in. Thanks Mary, we had so much fun....I hope you had a wonderful honeymoon.

Last night was definitely a different wedding. It was a Rock and Roll Wedding, where prelude music included such bands as Nine Inch Nails, Iron maiden, Metallica, Disturbed...the groom walked into MOby and the Bride and bridal party to "Don't' Stop Believing!" by Journey. Instead of a framed photo or a guest book, there was a guitar to sign, interesting. The bride wore Chuck Taylor's, which I thought was genious, because she was totally comfy in gym shoes all night long. Never had to worry about when it was acceptable to take off the heels.... All in all it was quite cute! Tough to dance to though, how do you dance to heavy metal? My fiance got quite excited, you see that's his type of music, and I think was a little crushed when both his mother and I said "NO" to Iron Maiden at our own wedding....Whats your vote? Do you agree with me or Dan?

All in all, thank God it's over! Now I'm just back to the grindstone of school and work. You know, I heard on the news today that there are only 71 shopping days left til Christmas....It's not even Halloween yet!!!!!! Oh well, it all gets earlier every year.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree, no Iron Maiden for the wedding!

Unknown said...

Oh, I beg to disagree! It's YOUR wedding and you should do exactly what you want to. Make it memorable -- everyone's sick to death of Pachelbel's Greatest Hit anyway.

Anonymous said...

I thought you promised a "Neil Diamond" wedding. No Cherry Cherry?
Aunt Betty

McGuff said...

Amy I am totally on your side! No Iron Maiden or music like that. The reason that Ryan weddings are so fun is b/c we play music that everyone likes to dance to. Not just a select few! I would give him a couple of songs so that we can all take a break but I wouldn't have it all night!! Keep the Ryan weddings going strong! Just my little opinion!

Katers said...

If you do have Iron Maiden, Bea can wear her famous T-shirt!!

Maybe "Addison" hair can make a come back to....