Wednesday, October 24, 2007

INR 1.25, Coumadin dose tonight 7mg, hopes of getting out tomorrow...totally demolished.

Per Dr. Amin, pulmonologist, yesterday's pain and today's windedness, were/are the clots spasming. New funky bruise....to be watched, make sure it doesn't grow any larger. I know the heparin causes bleeding and bruising, but this bruise is in such a funny spot, I wasn't really sure what it was! He said normally 5 days on IV heparin...."but you're taking so long, perhaps 7-8 days for you!" Damn, I said. PTT levels stabilized, so my dose of Heparin is actually less. I'm on 1500 units/hour. I've been on 1600 from Sunday until early this morning.

They want the coumadin level to be abut 2.5 for 48 hours!!! So, Not only do I have to reach that level, I have to then maintain it for 48 hours! So If by chance of luck I manage to double the coumadin dose by tomorrow, I'll be out on Saturday.

I'm off work next week as well. School, the doc and I came to an agreement....I can attend lecture, but no clinicals. He wants me to not be sedentary, but to take it easy next week as well and go from there. He said, if I take it easy, I'll be a little less likely for re-occurance. So, I said...OK. I'll take next week off. My boss was totally cool and he said he'd work with me with coming off the 12 hour shifts, so....thats it in a nutshell.

1 comment:

Katers said...

DANG GINA! That's a lot of information to digest. At least you know you are going to leave the hospital soon, and get back into the swing of things...