Monday, October 29, 2007

Success....and Health??/

To all of you who made it to the party for my parents this weekend, Thank you so much. Dawn did a wonderful job pulling it all together. I felt horrible, for I was stuck and there just wasn't much I could possibly do to help. I think we really got my parents, they truly weren't expecting the party. It was lots of fun, but by the end of the night, I was absolutely exhausted!!!!

As some of you know, I was released from the hospital on Saturday afternoon around 1230. INR 3.25...too high!!! UGH!!! They were going to try to keep me, but, finally they decided that if they tried to get the numbers exact, I could be there for another week and that was just silly!!

So, they released me with a Coumadin dose of 7mg per day. I head back for another INR test tomorrow.

I had made appointments for wedding dress shopping and wasn't sure if I was actually going to make it because I was so tired. But, we did it. Mom, Dawn, Dan's Mom, Dan's Grandma and I headed out to House of Brides and Davids. I did find a gown I love, and I look really pretty in it :) Also, although it's early, we found a gorgeous dress for the girls...Dawnie tried it on and looked fabulous!!! Here's the catch....it's going out of style. Go figure!!! But, I figured that it's a very simple dress that should be easy to alter if needed. If all the girls like it....fabulous!!! If not, oh well, we start all over again, in the beginning of the year.

Headed back to school today. I tell you, I'm having a very hard time with this light duty stuff and trying to slow down. It's a tough recovery. I get winded walking from the car to the classroom, and I removed all the heavy books because I'm on light duty restrictions...no more then 15 pounds!!! I want to do more, but I get tired really easily. But next week I can go back full force. Funny isn't it? I never thought it would really hit me this hard. The doctor told me that my body had gone through a horrible stress and it would hit me even harder when I got home. That's true. I mean, I understood what a stress my body went through, but I didn't think it would be this tiring when I got home!!!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Only 15 pounds? Those nursing books are 50 pounds each! At least!