Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ugh!!

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!

I had to get up today and drive to Harper to take my oral meds test. Not a big deal. I just had to prove that I could look up medications, check they were ok, and administer the meds without killing the patient. Honestly, I had absolutely no worries about it at all!!!! Until I got there, the girl in front of me was pacing because she wasnt' so sure she passed. She was told to wait in the hallway until they could check things out, I listened to her story and started to worry because I would have done exactly what she would have done!!! Then, I took my test. No problems, I passed, I'm done and now I can actually pass oral meds to my patients when I'm at clinical! Yeah!!!

But, I'm irritated with the school. You see, last week while I was in the hospital, I missed 1 class, 1 lab, and 2 clinical dates. This week, I also missed clinical, per doctors order. I had asked what I could do to make up the time so that I didn't get too far behind and such. All I was told was to stay up on my reading so that I didn't get behind there. So, today right before I started my exam, I was given a piece of paper with a make up assignment. To make up the 4 hour lab time I missed while in the hospital. I have to go in on my own time and watch 3 dvd's about patient communication. I then have to write a paper on what I watched, ok no big deal, except...it's due Monday!!! I also have a test Monday morning. I just wished they had given me a smidge more time to catch up....but....I'll just have to get it done. I'm also going to have to make up 12 hours of clinical time....at $30 each section, so $120 total. Trust me, it just doesn't pay to get sick and spend a week in the hospital. It's not worth the effort!!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful night and the ghost's and goblins stay away!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a bummer Amy, but look on the bright side, at least now you are on the mend!