Friday, October 26, 2007

updates

Thursday's INR 1.6, biggest jump yet. Dr. Fischer says....I think perhaps you can go home tomorrow. Dr. Amin..."nope, perhaps Saturday!" So.....here I lay. Thursday's coumadin dose 9mg.

Saw a hemotologist on Thursday as well, the same one dad sees. He's running some tests, not all th e possible tests because I'm currently on anti-coagulants, so I could have skewed results. Point of the hemotologist is to see if there is a clotting disorder that may be to blame for these clots, more then just the birth control pill and smoking. Eitherway, both of those behaviors have stopped and will never occur again.

Friday....INR 2.1 YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still in hospital, Dr. Amin's pretty positive to get me out of here tomorrow morning. Some test results are back. I am negative for Factor V Leiden, and the lupus anticoagulants. That doesn't mean I don't have Lupus. They're still going to test for that. THere are a whole slew of blood tests out there being run, and I'll meet with the hemotologist sometime next week to discuss all the results. They'll run another test later for antithrombin III, this is a clotting disorder that my uncle suffers from, but they can't run it while I'm on heparin. So sometime next week they'll take care of it.

Thats it in a nutshell. I can't wait to get out of here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I imagine you are going stir crazy. It is good news to hear you don't have several things. Hopefully they will figure it all out and you can get healthy and on your way!!!