Monday, May 19, 2008

ON the homestretch

Last Wednesday I took my last two tests of the regular semester, not including finals. Got a solid B on the nursing exam, which actually surprised me because I came out of the test not feeling so very strong. I also had my physiology lab test, I left this test actually feeling ok, but I won't find out until tomorrow! How rude, he makes us wait a week for test results so you can't find out until right before the final! That sucks!!

I worked most of the weekend. Sunday morning I headed into the city for Julie's bridal shower. I, like most people, do not really enjoy bridal showers, and this day was not any different. A lot of food which dragged the day on and honestly the clock wouldn't budge!! Julie and Tom had a whole pile of gifts, which they actually moved through pretty quickly, thank God! Headed home around 330, to start studying for finals.

Today I took my Nursing final at 955. Odd time don't you think? I'm confident in that final, I know I passed. Several of my classmates needed high scores on this test in order to pass the class! The minimal grade for passing our RN class is 76% Several of my classmates needed at least an 80% or even higher to just pass! Thank god I was in a better position. I needed at 88% for a B, but will pass with a C without any problem. Honestly, I'm very accepting of a C! Actually, knowing that I worked full time all semester, spent another week in the hospital, took this 9 credit course along with 4 credit Physiology, yeah....I'd be very happy with a C!

Tomorrow however is my physiology final. This is non cumulative, however, I have a hard time with his exams. I know the material, but his questioning gets me all flustered and I do very very poorly! I came home from my test this afternoon, took a one hour decompression hour, vegged out in front of the TV. Then I shut the TV off and dove in. I read all of my notes aloud, 3 times! The process I took was study for one hour, then take 20 min break. This worked very very well, until Dan came home as I was reciting the reproductive system notes and mentioned the sympathetic nervous system stimulation causes ejaculation. He came around the corner and said...."honey, did you just say ejaculation? And, why did you just say ejaculation?" Then he saw the notes and somewhat understoon, the look on his face was priceless.

Took a dinner break, watched Dancing with the Stars, then dove back in. I hope I'm prepared! I plan to look at it again tomorrow, test is at 1:45. Pray for me, wish me luck. I know I need it!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Good luck, Amy! You'll do great.
But what is with that instructor of yours? Physiology is hard enough as it is!

Katers said...

Wishing you tons of luck!

Unknown said...

Hope the test went well! I am sure you passed. You've been studying for days!