Thursday, May 01, 2008

Home Sweet Home

So, I'm home, still have PE's, but they let me leave with the drugs rather than sit in the hospital waiting for them all to work. I did not go through the Heparin therapy, this time they gave me Lovenox injections which has the wonderful side effects of bright blue bruises on my delicate white skin. I kinda look like a dalmation with blue spots! Of course, this totally ruins my bikini look for the summer :) J/K

I got released this morning, with an INR of 2.1. School has been very very understanding, for the most part. The nursing program has been exremely helpful, informing me if I wasn't ready for my upcoming test this coming MOnday, it was ok, and I could make it up later in the week. However, my Physiology instructor, wouldn't budge. I had a test scheduled for 1pm this afternoon and I was informed that if I missed the test, I would have to take the retake, which would be all essay and the highest grade I can get is a 75%! What an ass. Of course I'm begging my doctors to let me out because Physiology is a complicated enough class without having to make it an essay test! Which I'm afraid, I would not pass very well. Luckily for me, my blood cooperated and I barely made it out, but I managed to hustle over to Harper and take my test. My instructor assigns us seating during the test. We are in this really big lecture hall with fixed seats that either swivel left or right, I was assigned to one that swiveled to the left, due to a bruise the size of a 12 inch softball on my belly from the shots, I new that that specific seat would be painful because it would cause the table to hit my bruise. So, I requested that I sit somewhere else, the ass said "no, you sit where I assign you!" SO, I fidgeted through my test trying to get comfortable and get through the test. I finished and headed home. I think I'm going to write a letter to the head of the Biology department. I think this guy's a butthead, obviously being in the hospital has to be some sort of extenuating circumstance right? Whatever, it's over. Three more weeks of school....Finals end May 20th.

No comments: