Friday, May 02, 2008

Almost forgot

I almost forgot, yesterday when I got home and was crying just because I was so very tired, I received a phone call from work. Initially I felt, "great, what do they want?"

Recently, I changed my hours. I now work 3pm-11pm on the weekdays and 3pm-3am on the weekends. I had recently requested if there was any possibility to work 11am-11pm on weekends, I'd really like that. They called to tell me that it was possible and it was going to take effect!!

As of the end of May, I will not be working anymore overnights! I'll get to sleep everynight in my own bed!!! YEah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a good phone call.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy!
I'm glad you're home from the hospital. I hope you're feeling good, too. Do you have any pain with the PEs?
You are going to LOVE not working overnights! I stopped working them about 2 years ago, and it was the best thing I ever did.

Unknown said...

Hey Amy-
great news about the overnights. What a relief!
How long do you have to take the Lovenox? I actually thought the bruising was much less with the Lovenox than the Heparin, so maybe that will be the case for you too. It's awful when you just can't get comfortable because eveerything hits the bruises. Sometimes even my pants would hurt my bruises! But it's all worth it if it is keeping you safe!! Thinking about you!

Amy said...

No, I never seem to have any pain with the PE's, just can't seem to take a deep breath. I feel as though I can't seem to get enough air.

Katers said...

Okay, I'm stupid, what's a PE?

Amy said...

Pulmonary Embolism....blood clot in the lungs.