Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wish me luck

Ok ladies and gentleman,

I've decided that working nights is not really working for me anymore. You see, I had a few days off in a row and I realized how convenient it is to live the daytime life. I was up everyday between 4 and 6am, went to the gym, my blood sugar was wonderfully under control! (and it hasn't' been very well under control in quite some time) I mean my blood sugar was under 120 every day!!! That's huge!!! I even lost a couple pounds, didn't feel like such a slug, and was able to communicate with my family, not just live like the sloth in the other room!

I've decided that working nights and going to school full time is going to be a very difficult thing. So, I've decided to cut my hours down and tighten up the budget. I've talked this over with my mom and she agrees. I currently work 3 twelve hour shifts per week at 36 hours total. I'm going to move to 8 hour shifts 4 days per week, 32 hours total. Most likely 3pm-1130pm or 4pm-1230am, while I'm in school. This semester I'm going to be in school Mon/Thur 8am-12pm and Fri 7am-330pm. So, working all night and then going to school, will be just silly. It's gonna be a tough financial decision, but I'll pick up as many hours as I can on my breaks. I think this makes sense right??? The goal is for me to do well in school, and become a good nurse, right? I don't want to spend the next two years of life in an haze of exhaustion.

So, I guess I'm asking that you all say a little prayer for me that my boss is understanding and will do his best to help me out. I'm even willing to bend a little and continue to work overnight 12 on the weekends if I have to. But I really don't want to. Who knows, maybe someday I'll actually get onto a daytime swing and be able to act like a normal human being!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck Amy, I hope it all works out.