Thursday, June 07, 2007

Time to catch up

Ok, It's been a while, whats new with me?

I was approved by the hospital to pay for school. What this means, is that St. Alexius will pay for me education up to $10,000, and I will owe them 2 years as a nurse once I finish school. Not to shabby! I had to apply for this scholarship/loan after I received my acceptance letter. I received approval earlier this week. Thats a load off.

I ran my first 5K this past weekend. Saturday June 2nd, I ran the Wondergirl 5K down at Montrose harbor. My first one ever. I did not have huge goals for myself...goal #1 finish the race, goal #2 finish in under an hour, goal #3 run the majority of it!!! I successfully accomplished all of the above! Yeah me!! I think I might actually look for another one to train for! The weather was absolutely gorgeous, couldn't ask for anything better. I got a good sunburn, and the only pain I really had was in the heels of my feet. They were really sore for about two days. After that, I was ok.

Later that day I headed up to Roscoe to help Molly celebrate her 30th birthday as a surprise party hosted by her husband and kids. It was a good day, sunshine, good food, good company and cold beer. What more could you ask for???

Dan and I are doing wonderfully. He got some good news himself this past week. He applied for a CAD position in the engineering department at his current job and got the position!! It's a nice upgrade, a bit more money and it gets him out of the hot factory and upstairs to the air conditioned engineering department. If you're anything like me, I had to ask what CAD stood for....Computer Assisted Drafting.

HOpe all are doing well, finished up with their school years and ready to enjoy the summer off!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good news Amy. If you find a race, let me know. I need to find another!

McGuff said...

Congrats to you!! That is awesome that they will pay for you! I wish there were school districts that would do that for future teachers. Thanks again for coming all of the way to my house after such a hard day. I am really proud of you for meeting all of your goals. Way to go girl!