Monday, June 18, 2007

What's new

Not much to report here, but I'll update what I have.

As you all know, I got my information from Harper college. I had to attend orientation and I have to have a bunch of medical stuff like a physical done. So, being the ambitious person I can be, I make the appointment with my physician to have my physical done and my labs drawn. Then I attend the orientation. Now they tell us that we have to have titer levels drawn for all our vaccinations and get shots if our levels aren't high enough. You would think they could have clued us in on this requirement prior to the orientation. Now, I have to have more blood drawn and it'll cost me more money. If they would have given us the initial requirements when they mailed out the health history and physical form, I would have had my doctor's office draw these titer levels!!! UGH. Of course, I can have my blood drawn at Harper for a cost, but their phlebotomist is only on staff Wednesday afternoon 3-6pm and Thursday morning 9am-12pm. Not very convenient when you live farther away and work night shift. Also, I have to have a 2 step TB test done, but they will only administer the TB test on Monday or Tuesday. Does this make any sense??? So, I have to go one day to get the TB test, another to get the blood drawn, another to have the test read, then the second test a week later, then go back to get that read. Now. that's six trips to Harper college!!! Oh man! And, I already checked with work if I could have any of this done there, they said not really, but they would give me copies of what I've had done there so that maybe i can save a little time and money.... I guess it could be worse, but I really hate inconvenience. Oh well, such is life right??

It's gonna be a long two years, but it's worth it!!!

1 comment:

Katers said...

Hey Amy,

Anytime you need to chill during the Harper errands, you know where we are!