Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Gettin' Anxious

Most of you know that I applied to Nursing school February 1st. Now, I'm not a dummy, and I do know that it takes a substantial amount of time to receive an answer, but I'll tell you....I'm really getting anxious. I've made a very big decision that I only apply to RN school once. If I don't get in this August, it's just not meant to be. Many of my co-workers have informed me that it's silly for me to give up after only one try. I've decided that I need to get things figured out. I'm 28 years old and need to figure out what I'm going to do when I grow up. So, I'm on the job hunt. My statement is...I'm open to just about anything new, I'm willing to change careeres up until the day I start nursing school. If I get accepted, then I will go through. If not, I'll find something else and start looking at getting my Masters Degree.

In the meantime, I've started a job search. I'm looking for something different. I think I'd really enjoy working with some of the pharmaceutical companies. I'd like something that pays more money, and I'm really looking forward to the paid holidays off, and no weekends. Travel and relocation are not much of an issue for me....any leads? Let me know!

On a plus note...I have a date this coming Saturday. His name is Dan and he's very, very nice. We had the proverbial "hook up" last weekend. I went to see his band play because I'm friends with the wife of the bass player. We chatted, things went well, he kissed me goodnight. Now, we have a date this coming weekend. Now, one of the harder things is that he lives in the south suburbs. I know many of you are thinking..."oh no...he's in a band" Which is true, and I would have worried if he didn't have a college education and full time job. His band is his part time gig. I don't have too many expectations, but we'll see what happens! I'm just happy to be going on a date.

TTFN

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!