Sunday, March 04, 2007

S*A*T*U*R*D*A*Y NIGHT!!

Well, I was supposed to have dinner date on Saturday night. Plans changed. The original plan was to do dinner Saturday night then meet up with a group of friends who's little sister just turned 21. Due to miscommunication, it was decided that the whole group would just do dinner together then the bars downtown. So the group met up at Micah and Bridget's house and loaded into a van to head into the city. Dan and I sat together and chatted the whole ride. He so politely helped me in and out of the van, pulled out my chair at dinner. We partied with the rest of the group, but most of the night we seemed to be in our own little bubble. Everyone was there having a good time, but we just were able to chat and relax and get to know each other. The others probably thought we were being anti-social, but...I don't care!

Then I discovered. He loved Karaoke! yeah!!!....I guess I shouldn't be surprised, he's the lead singer in a band...they usually do enjoy karaoke. And, he's quite good. After a rousing rendition of Black Crowes "Hard to Handle," He asked me what I was going to sing, since there had already been three different renditions of "I Will Survive," and no classic Cher music (ie Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves.) I figured I'd just keep to myself and my beer. I did join in on a little "Sweet Caroline" and "Gloria"(that person didn't even know how to do karaoke and stood on stage looking stupid.) Dan politely informed me that I sounded good. I told him thanks, but I didn't need flattery. I know I'm tone deaf and a horrible singer!!!! But I did appreciate the effort!

By four o'clock, we headed home. I got a kiss goodnight and he told me he really liked me and would like to see where this may go. I said we'll see what happens. We live 90 miles apart!!! I'm leaving my options open.

This afternoon, after his band practice, he called me and asked if I was still in the area. I happened to be, so he asked if he could take me to dinner? I accepted. We went out for pizza. So, I got my dinner date after all.

I had a really good time with a very nice person who likes me and wants to see more of me. Lets see what happens!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!! That is really exciting news. Don't let the distance get you down. You can make it work! Good Luck. Happy to hear the good news. Love, Molly

Anonymous said...

SCHWING,SCHWING AMY!! Very exciting news indeed!

And speaking from past experience, 90 miles is nothing. Keep us posted.

~Kate

Unknown said...

I hope it all works out. He sounds like a great guy!