Sunday, June 08, 2008

What? It's over already...it just started!


Get your mind out of the gutter....Thats how I felt about this weekend! It was a whirlwind, and none of it for us :) We started out Friday night with a bachelor/bachelorette bbq in Orland Park. This was for Bill and his wife, one of Dan's groomsmens. It was a good time, great company, excellent food, cold beer, and a late night! It was well after midnight when we headed home.

Saturday, Bridget picked me up in her fancy new car, we headed down the street to the train station to pick up Jeni and then headed north to Woodstock for Ray and Annie's bridal shower. Once again, good company, excellent food, cold water!! It was quite hot that day...I actually left with a bit of a sunburn! Dan and I hung out at home, watched National Treasure 2 and just relaxed.

ON to Sunday...Today was a bit of running around. Today was Bill's wedding. I had long anticipated this day, and due to the fact that Bill is greek, I asked if it was going to be anything like, My Big Fat Greek Wedding? We showed up at the church all duded up for the wedding at 230, and honestly...it was quite similar! The church is very colorful with all ceilings painted, the service was in both English and Greek, we stood almost the entire time. they have a ring blessing, crown blessing, dance around the table 3 times, and wear their rings on the right hand. It was really interesting! Then we headed up to the reception, wonderful time. Lots of greek dancing too! Unfortunately, we headed home rather early because of the fact that Dan has to be at work at 6 am tomorrow! OUCH!!! That's whats hard about Sunday weddings.

All in all it was a really good weekend, just long and I feel like I didn't have much time for myself. I know, I know....pity me!

School starts tomorrow and Dan is back to work. Here are a couple pics.

No comments: