Monday, June 09, 2008

What a Day

Today school started. A full two months of microbiology...oh boy! (can you sense my sarcasm?)

It's gonna be a busy semester, class and lab 4 days a week! But my instructor seems pretty laid back which is good, but I think it's going to be a very busy class, lots of reading, homework and 8 tests, several quizes! It's only an 8 week class!!!! I think I was very smart to give up my summer rather than try to squeeze it in on top of my nursing class next semester!

I had to go to the podiatrist today because I got a pedicure a couple weeks ago and ended up with two ingrown toenails! UGH!!!!! I of course tried to fix them myself (I know I'm not supposed to...) well, my right great toe got infected! The doc gave me a good lecture, but had to numb my toe in order to clean up my nail. I almost crawled off the table while he injected the lidocaine into my toe! He was actually really glad to see that I had such good feeling still in my feet....he said "it's obvious you don't have any problems with neuropathy!" Now the meds are wearing off, and my toe is throbbing.... but it looks much much better!

Dan and I had our final FOCCUS meeting with the couple at church tonight. Now we only have to meet with the priest, go to our engagement retreat, and natural family planning meeting. So, we're getting there! Just the other day I mentioned to someone that it's really quite a ways away, but honestly...it's sooner than I like to realize! I know after August, after Ray's wedding, the time will really fly!

til next time

No comments: