Friday, March 07, 2008

it gets better

First off, thanks for all the love!!!

Second, today was a wonderful day. I was a bit apprehensive as I headed to the hospital today, but I had a wonderful patient. She was my age, literally, 2 days different...had twins via C-section on Tuesay and the babies were in the special care nursery....they needed a little bit more TLC before they were free. But anyways....my patient was awesome, she was very open and willing to talk to me and willing to let me learn. She also opened up to me about how she felt about her beautiful baby girls. I took care of mom all morning and watched as her husband helped her....then I took her to the nursery and got to watch the new parents with their babies.

I guess between having such a good patient today and all your words of wisdom, I found a form of peace. I'm not completely healed, but I felt better.

And, on a side note....my INBOXspiration for the day today is....

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do!" John Wooden

I took this along with what all of you said, that just because I cannot carry a child, doesnt' mean that I won't be be a fabulous parent someday....right?????????

Also, side note...Dawn's official last day at work is April 15th, which means, April 12th is really gonna be it....which just also happens to be GNO!!! I say big Congratulatory party for the Dawniepie!!!!

2 comments:

McGuff said...

I'm up for it! We can celebrate her freedom from hell!

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to it!

Glad you had a much better experience today.