Sunday, December 02, 2007

New Beginnings

Well, we moved out. We've moved into an apartment in Naperville. Dan was scheduled to move all of his stuff this past weekend 12/1, I had to work, so my plan is to move my stuff next weekend 12/8.

We pretty much beat the snow. All of his stuff was in the apartment right before the snow started, then the downfall occured. They managed to get the truck back in plenty of time and come home on the slick streets. While truck return happend, Dan's mom and I unpacked and organized my new kitchen, and bathrooms.

Unfortunately, I had to work this afternoon at 3pm. Ugh!!! IT took me an hour and a half to get to work!! I was so very tired... I had been up since 730 that morning, and had to work a 12 hour shift!!!! Work went well and I headed out around 330 that morning. Lucky for me the roads were much clearer and I was able to get home in about 30 minutes.

Upon arriving home, my key didn't work!!! I couldn't get in the apartment!!! I had to call Dan and wake him up in order to get in. But, he was actually awake. Why is that? He had set up a carpet picnic....champagne, cheese, apples, crackers!! It was so very sweet, I started to cry, mainly because I was so tired!!!!!! So, I had a glass of wine and a couple crackers and apples, then asked Dan..."ok, can we go to bed now?"

So, we went to bed and then were able to spend a couple hours together on Sunday before I headed back into work.

We get to do it all over again this coming weekend when I get to fill a truck and get all my stuff down to the apartment.

1 comment:

McGuff said...

I am very happy for the two of you! Send pictures of the place as soon as you get some. And, how sweet to have a picnic all set up!! Enjoy your new home. Love, Me!