Monday, February 02, 2009

We did it

January blew in and out didn't it. I can honestly say, it was awesome.

The wedding we had anticipated and planned for 16 months came in with a heat wave, up from 18 below to a balmy 25 degrees with snow showers! I made it to the church looking like an oompa loompa, as I had climbed into a garbage bag to keep my dress clean, and my steps were very very awkward.




What a day. I can honestly say it was AWESOME!!! I would do it all over again. I was totally calm all morning, even when one of my bridesmaids was a little late getting to the house. Mom and Dawn were the stress cases...not me. I got a little worked up as I came out of my "holding room" in the back of the church and met my dad. I was standing there, he told me how beautiful I looked and I started to cry. The music hadn't even changed yet!! Then it changed, here it is....my time to walk down the aisle. Oh man, I'm crying I can't take a deep breath, I'm not nervous, just so very very happy. As I walk down the aisle, therer were so many people...but I could only focus on Dan. There he was, watching me with this grin on his face. My love. He held my hand for dear life during the entire ceremony, which if I say so myself, was rather quick! Before I knew it we were man and wife, and off to the reception in our Limo Bus with our wedding party, complete with stripper pole! What a day.












The reception was so very much fun. I don't think I ever left the dance floor, except for Dan's dance with his mom and grandma. Dan wrote me a beautiful song and sang to me at the reception. My mom put together a lovely slide show. The dj was awesome.





Sunday, Dan and I headed downtown for our minimoon. We enjoyed a matinee of Jersey Boys and Dan thought "it was awesome!" We enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Signature Room, followed by a couple cocktails. WE then spent the night on the 40 th floor of the Marriott over looking Michigan Avenue. As we packed up the next morning to head home, we got on the elevator and I looked at my husband, and said..."it's so sad, it's all over already." But, life carries on and it carries you right along with it ready or not!
We look forward to our planned honeymoon either October/November in either Aruba or St. Lucia....minor details to be figured out!

No comments: