Sunday, December 21, 2008

Long Week

Surgery went very well. All procedures successful. I went home with my mom Wednesday after the surgery and re-c0uped there. Dan stayed with me Wednesday night, then had to return to work Thursday. I got sent home with some antibiotics and Darvocet for pain. I don't like to take pain meds, so I push as long as I can without then I regret!

I did well Thursday and Friday, feeling a bit better every day. Then Saturday morning I went to breakfast club and visited with Nana and Margie and the gang before Christmas. Saturday was a rough day...I was more sore than I had been in a couple days, I guess the healing process is more painful. Then we headed home, I was exhausted!! I took a little nap, then the emotions took over. I finally had my breakdown. Now, I thought I had prepared myself well for the emotions, had already had several mini meltdowns. But nothing compared to Saturday afternoon. I curled up in fetal position and cried and cried and cried. I don't even know how to explain how I felt. Part of me felt empty, broken, less of a woman. I had gut wrenching sobs that hurt. It was so hard to look at Dan and know the decisions we had made, although they were for the better. I cried until I was empty and had nothing left. Dan is such a wonderful man, he held me the whole time while I cried, he informed me that nothing had changed, even though I felt "different" Thank god I have been blessed with such a wonderful man. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have him by my side. Eventually I went to sleep exhausted and in pain. I woke up this morning not feeling much better, but less depressed :)

Today I headed back to work and I thought it would be easy. Not so much!! First, my car had been parked since Tuesday, so....it was encased in ice! Thank God Dan got up with me and went to help me "brush" the car off this am. I was on time, barely, but I made it 8 of 12 hours on light duty in the god awful cold today. I think I tried to go back to soon. It was tougher than I thought and I was in more pain then I realized, I think more because I had to be more mobile then I had been and only had the comfort of Tylenol!

But in the positive aspect....27 days til the wedding!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling better. And yes, you snagged a good one there in Dan. We are all here for you if you need us.