Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Sad Face

Ugh....Monday morning I took my I pod off the alarm clock, then toted it to the car, plugged it in and the screen was frozen. So....I did a manual reset and boom....I got a sad face....:( looked just like that. I was so sad. SO I came home later that day and attempted to figure out a way to reset it....no such luck, it says I have a hardware problem. So I take my sad little ipod to the apple store to get it looked at, was told that the ipod was done, fried, useless, and....my warranty was done...shocking! The salesman informed me that it would cost me $139 to get it repaired. I said no thanks! I can buy a new one for the same cost. And I started to walk away. The very nice gentleman then stated he would see what he could do about it. NExt thing I know he told me that he was going to honor the warranty even though it was over, and give me a refurbished ipod. So, he opened the box and handed me a shiny new ipod....or at least it looks new, no scratches. And, it works!

So...I left the Apple store with my newer ipod and a happy face! :)

1 comment:

Jean said...

Wow! The power of threatening to walk away! Good for you. And a happy face to boot!