Saturday, September 08, 2007

Summer's Gone.....



Long time, no blog. Oh dear, I've been too busy to sleep let alone blog! :)






At the end of August, Dan and I headed north to Garrison, MN with his family for a relaxing week of fishing and basically doing nothing. Unfortunately, Saturday, Sunday and Monday it rained cats and dogs. When we arrived on Saturday afternoon, the owner of the resort said, "nah, we're not gonna get any rain, we're in the middle of a drought!!" Of course, Murphy's law, it rained....a lot. But, we did manage to catch some fish and even get pedicures!!! That was wonderful. Dan's mom paid for the pedicures after I tried, she said..."no! I finally have a daughter to spoil." That was very sweet. Tuesday, we were suppossed to head south to the Twin Cities to see friends and Meg and Joel. Unfortunately, we didn't make it. The weather finally broke, so we decided to stay and get some fishing in. We did manage to get to see my friend Shane and Dan't friend Scott later in the week, we met up at a halfway point. Sorry I missed you Meg! Bad combination of weather, and misplacing your number. We did discover that I am the "greatest fisherwoman ever!" All in all, we had a wonderful week and a lot of fun. It was nice to kick back and relax before life carried on again.












We headed home Friday afternoon and stopped in Chippawa Falls at the Leinenkugels brewery, took the tour, had a couple beers and headed out! Unfortunately, we were there on a cleaning day, so they were not brewing any beer, but we did get to see them do the bottling, that was neat to see.






Saturday, Dan and I had two appointments to view a couple reception halls. Mom and Dad decided to join us on our quest, just in case we wanted their opinions. We had a very productive day, saw two halls, two hotels, one church, and had lunch! All in all, it was a great day.



Sunday we had a wonderful dinner with Dan's family as they stopped to pick up Dan.



Nursing school started Monday August 27. It's kinda tough quite honestly. It's not the content that's hard, it's the fact that this first semester it escentially teaching me to do the job I already have!! I understand it's all a means to an end, but it is tough.


This past weekend, we attended a wedding of good friends of mine. It was so neat be at this wedding, because I had watched their relationship grow from their very first date. It had been so fun to watch them plan and prepare. Here's a picture of Dan and I at the wedding.













2 comments:

McGuff said...

It looks like you have been pretty busy. I love your sweatshirt in the fishing picture. "Unathletic Dept", that's great! That is a very nice picture of you and Dan too. Before you know it we will all be at your wedding. So, when you were viewing halls did you decide on one?

Anonymous said...

aAre we narowing down any halls yet? I heard this will definitely be a Neil Diamond affair!!!
Can't wait..
Love, Aunt Betty