Friday, July 27, 2007

mom hits a milestone

Well...it's already been decided that I'm a notoriously bad blogger. I guess I just feel as though I really have nothing new and exciting and my life is actually quite boring and who really wants to read about that??

But anyways....today is mom's 55th birthday. Hopefully she has a wonderful day.

Two weekends ago Dawn, Dan and I joined the Ryans for a camping trip. Dawn proved to be the bags queen. She also made us giggle with her headlamp antics, A*@hole skills, bathroom seeking skills, and her comments about how much work camping is as she watched Dan and I set up and tear down the tent!!! Great time was had by all. Enjoy a few pictures...








Dan had his tonsils and part of his uvula removed last week. The surgery went very well and he's recovering nicely. Plus, he gets the magical benefit of losing 15 pounds in the process....ah, the beauty of surgery! Nah, I'm just kidding, he was a bit miserable for the first couple days but came through like a champ.
Work is work, no changes there.
I officially start nursing school in one month!! It's The Final Countdown...(que in cheesy 80's music)
Looking forward to girls night out this weekend, my work camping trip next weekend, and then I'm off to MN with Dan's family. Meg, Joel, and Jean...watchout...I'll be giving you a call!!!








2 comments:

McGuff said...

It looks like Bridget is wearing the Purdue sweatshirt that she gave up for Sesame! Thanks for sharing the pics! I hope Dan is feeling better.

Unknown said...

Argh! Blogger ate my comment. Amy, YES please do call! Do you have our numbers? Can't wait to see you!!