Monday, April 02, 2007

Call Me Focker

Yes that's right, I got to MEET THE PARENTS this weekend. Last week, Dan had invited me to go see his band play in Blue Island on 3/31. Then, he asked me to stick around and come over to his parents home on Sunday to meet everyone. So, of course I agreed, but I was fretting over it all weekend. You see, Dan is an only child, and lives with mom, dad and grandma. So, I was a smidge nervous. I was asked to be there around noon on Sunday. Throughout the week I had asked several different opinions on what to bring. I showed up with mutual friends of ours at Dan's parents house on Sunday afternoon, armed with a box of Fannie Mae chocolates and a nice bottle of Pinot Noir. Immediately his mom gave me a hug and said "oh Amy, it's so nice to finally meet you!" In the back of my head I was thinking...."finally, we've only been dating a little while?" but I rolled with it. Dad was cooking, so he was unable to give me a hug, but informed me to sit down and eat, and handed me a hot cup of coffee. Grandma walked straight up to me, gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and welcomed me. So, my fears were quickly put to rest because everyone was so welcoming. We had a wonderful brunch of "skinnies" known to the rest of us as crepes or Swedish pancakes. Then, we all settled in and just relaxed, watched a couple movies and lounged around. We opened the bottle of wine I brought, it was pretty tasty. The night went very well, and due to the late hour, and the couple glasses of wine, I was asked/encouraged to stay the night. So, I did. I stayed in the guest "loft" and got up bright and early this morning, Dan went off to work and I headed home.

All in all, it was a great day. My favorite kind of Sunday, where you just relax, and chill out all day. Sit back and watch movies not have to rush around anywhere or do anything. When I got home this morning, mom and I sat and had a cup of coffee and she asked if she'd get to meet Dan at the family picnic. I informed her that I hope she gets to meet him sooner than that! :) He's a good egg and I really like him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I did get to meet him, and he was really nice! And I think he WOULD have given us a bike ride around town if we pushed a little harder... :-) ~K